Try Terapeak Free

A&E's Hit Show Storage Wars Still Outdoing Themselves In The Ratings

A&E’s Hit Show Storage Wars Still Outdoing Themselves In The Ratings

A&E’s hit new series “Storage Wars” out did themselves again with a series high viewership of 3.8 million viewers topping their previous high of 3.5 million viewers on February 9, 2011.

As someone who actually attends storage auctions I have noticed numbers beginning to dwindle. Now that still means a sizeable crowd and I don’t think it will ever go back to pre Storage Wars levels however I have noticed crowds diminishing.

This is why I’m surprised to see they are gaining more and more viewers.

So what does this mean for the future of crowd levels at auctions. I don’t think we will see another spike like we did when the shows started.

I think for the most part the people that wanted to get out there and see a real live auction and maybe even participate, have come out had the experience and most likely either realized it’s more work than they thought or they just wanted to have the experience. I don’t think they will be back though.

It will be interesting to see how things play out however as the number of viewers seems to be continuing to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment