Try Terapeak Free

Discount Stores A Good Option For Storage Auction Re-Sellers To Supplement Items

One of the great things about storage auctions is that a good auction buyer can get a ton of merchandise for a rock bottom price. My auction strategy is to basically only bid up to what I know I can sell visible items in a unit for. By employing this strategy I'm pretty much guranteed to make back my principal, and anything else on top of that is money in the bank. Because of this I'm often hesitant of buying items at a store because there's a much smaller margin. If this is something I'm going to do ideally I'd like to buy an item which I know is popular and will sell.

This isn't something I make a habit of but occasionally I'll come across an item I can buy up at a discount store and flip easily on eBay. I don't think it's a national store but recently stumbled upon a store called Bargains in a Box where they get a lot of quality items from stores like Costco that couldn't sell them so we are actually talking about quality goods, not dollar store items.

I was recently at this store and saw a few items that I thought were good deals, looked up online and confirmed there was a demand and decent margins on it. One particular item was a French Press Coffee Press. It was $5 at this discount store and was selling on ebay and Amazon for $20 to $30. Assuming I would probably get $20, I could cover shipping and eBay fees for probably $5. At this point I purchased the item for $5, spend another $5 on eBay listing and final value fees as well as shipping. At this point I'm into the item for $10 and sell for $20 so that's a $10 profit. I more than doubled my money.

This isn't a strategy I use a lot, however when I see items I know will sell easily and I know I will make good margins on it's something I like to do from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment