Try Terapeak Free

Christmas Presents From Storage Unit Auctions

This topic recently came up on a forum about storage auctions and wanted to address this topic as well as suggest storage unit gifts as potential gift ideas.

If you buy storage units or if you have bought storage unit auctions in the past have you ever given Christmas gifts or other gifts to people from things you've gotten in storage auctions?

I think it's an excellent idea IF the gift your giving is something which will be enjoyed by the person your giving it to. Don't just decide hey I don't want to spend any money so I'll give my 5 year old nephew this car jack I found and I have some old tupperware I'll give my mother. No that's cheap and it's not a good idea.

That said if you find something in a storage unit that you find a friend or familyl member would actually enjoy or has use for I don't see anything wrong with it. Oftentimes I'll try to include a paid gift as well even if it's something small like a $5 or $10 Starbucks gift card. I especially like to do this if it's an item I probably couldn't sell or couldn't sell for much money anyways.

On the otherhand if it's an item I could easily flip for $50 or $100 then I have to consider whatever I could potentially get for it, even though it's essentially free to me or at hte very least rolled up into the cost of the unit if I'm taking money out of my pocket I could have potentially sold it for then it's an especially nice gift.

My main point being give a gift people enjoy not just try to dump your junk on family and friends over the holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment